Sentrics Announces First of Its Kind Patient and Family Advisory Council to Guide Patient Experience Technology Innovation
DALLAS, June 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Sentrics marked another industry-leading milestone today with the formation of its inaugural Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC), making it the first PFAC in the interactive patient experience technology industry. The council, which includes hospital patient and family advisors from across the US, will provide Sentrics leadership with a unique consumer perspective to help guide innovations in its patient-centered interactive technology platform for hospitals and skilled nursing facilities.
"Hospitals recognize the value of listening to the voice of the customer and are using PFACs to open the lines of communication between patients, their families and hospital leadership to improve healthcare quality, safety, and the patient experience," said Sentrics Chief Executive Officer Darin LeGrange. "In the same way, we see great value in incorporating the voice of patients and their families into the products and services we provide to improve their hospital experience. We are proud to lead the technology industry in leveraging the PFAC perspective into patient-centered technology innovation."
The new council members include experienced hospital PFAC members who actively participate in patient-centered care improvement initiatives in hospitals across the country, including:
- Katie Alyea, Reid Health PFAC member since 2017/2018. Marketing manager in the banking/financial industry and active community volunteer with several local nonprofits.
- Steven L. Coffee, Lt Col, USAF, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital PFAC member since 2014. Master's degree in clinical quality, safety and leadership and former Technical Expert Panelist for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Rebecca Forster, Torrance Memorial Medical Center (TMMC) PFAC member since 2013. Author of more than 40 novels and standing member of TMMC's Service Excellence Council.
- Artisha McCoy, VCU Medical Center PFAC member since 2019. Community outreach coordinator and peer-to-peer counselor helping others learn to thrive with life threatening or challenging illness.
- Rosanelda (Rosa) Robles, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare (SVMH) System PFAC member since 2017 improving discharge planning and nurse shift change communication. More than 25 years of medical documentation and coding experience at SVMH.
- Susan Trumpet, CCA, MOA, Dekalb Medical Center, Emory Healthcare PFAC member since 2019. Army veteran, volunteer with Soldiers Angels mobile food distribution, and student studying health information management.
- Kevin Wake, Truman Medical Center PFAC Chairperson since 2019. Master's in healthcare informatics, certified Community Health Worker, and president of the Uriel E. Owens Sickle Cell Disease Association of the Midwest.
"We are honored to have this diverse group of patient and family advisors walk alongside us as we continue to pursue our passion for improving the patient experience," said E3 Managing Director Mark Lancaster. "As seasoned PFAC members, these individuals have developed a deep understanding of the patient experience and hospital operational issues. They bring unique perspectives that will help us expand our products and services and elevate patient-centered care."
Known for its leadership in senior living technology, Sentrics is rapidly extending its presence across all acuity levels to help communities and hospitals nationwide transform into more sophisticated, clinically oriented, risk-management businesses that put the resident and patient at the center of care. The Sentrics360SM suite creates a physical, medical, social and behavioral 360-degree view of the wellbeing of each senior living resident. The game-changing suite integrates popular third-party solutions, and includes emergency call, life safety, contact tracing and case management; 3-in-1 entertainment; whole-health engagement, and AI-based insights. The Sentrics E3 Patient Experience Platform provides an interactive, TV-based engagement platform that puts the patient in control of the care experience, delivers integrated communications and drives clinical efficiencies to improve care quality. For more information, visit https://sentrics.net
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sentrics-announces-first-of-its-kind-patient-and-family-advisory-council-to-guide-patient-experience-technology-innovation-301320577.html